Friday, November 6, 2009

What type of microphones did you use for podcast recording?

is there any differenc in terms of quality between handheld mics, clip on mics and studio mic?
What type of microphones did you use for podcast recording?
Yes, there are some differences. I use a Radio Shack 33-300, which was about $20.00 I think, and anything in that price range should be fine. My co-host doesn't have very much experience and she tends to handle the mic, which adds a lot of noise that can't be removed if we are talking. So I give her a clip-on, but the sound is muffled. If I could get her to wear a 20-dollar headset, that would be the best solution, because then she would be able to hear what happens when she fools with the mic. But she doesn't like the headphones. I do recommend a headset for everyone else, because it helps you to know when you are popping into the mic, and when you have to adjust your volume.





When we are away from the house, I use the VoiceMemo mic that you can buy to go with ipod nano 1st-gen. The sound is fabulous but you have to remember to hold it a little further away than a regular mic because it doesn't have a lot of headroom - it distorts if you talk into it too close.


.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive