Saturday, October 24, 2009

HDD Audio driver for Presario C500 using XPsp2, BIOS has HDD disabled to allow XP installation???

Native SATA support which allows High Definition audio to work has been disabled to allow XP to be installed. Normally XP will not install with HDD support enabled as it doesnt support this hardware, therefore the audio driver I need is useless and only works with Vista. However there is a patch that makes XP support HDD and it is KB888111.exe. Unfortunately this file will not open on my laptop even though it works on my desktop computer. Do I need to update my bios or find a different patch etc. Very confusing and very technical matter. Also please do not point me to any HP, Compac or general driver sites as the standard drivers for my device only work with Vista. Many thanks
HDD Audio driver for Presario C500 using XPsp2, BIOS has HDD disabled to allow XP installation???
Press DEL on start up


1 integrated peripherals


2 IDE device config


3 SATA controller mode %26gt; set to IDE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive