Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How do I make my audio work after installing a pci express graphics card?

I just installed a new graphics card in the pci express slot and i turn on my computer and install drivers and my audio doesnt work!!!! my computer doesn't even recognize the audio device, i tried reinstalling the driver but still doesnt recognize it, I got the ati radeon hd 3450 if that even matters.... my computer has a coaxil output and im using that, I tried doing a system restore before i installed the drivers and it still didn't work, how can I use the audio that was built in with my computer?
How do I make my audio work after installing a pci express graphics card?
Try going to your 'Control Panel' in Windows. Select 'Sounds and Audio Devices'. When the control loads, click on the audio tab on the control and see if it displays a pull down list of sound card devices. Select the default for your pc and then exit. See if that works. If that doesn't work, you probably have a conflict between the pci card and the default sound card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive