Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why am I getting the message on my laptop, windows is unable to connect to wireless network?

I never had trouble at home connecting to the internet using my wireless Netgear router. On a recent trip to my sister's in California, I was able to connect to an unsecured network, however I would keep getting the message: limited or no connectivity after a few minutes. I would either reboot or use the repair function %26amp; get right back on. Now I'm back at home %26amp; I keep getting the message (Windows is) 'unable to connect to wireless network' about every 15 min. Help me, Rhonda...it's driving me crazy!
Why am I getting the message on my laptop, windows is unable to connect to wireless network?
Sounds like a weak signal.


Otherwise try resetting your router by disconnecting power, then reconnecting power.
Why am I getting the message on my laptop, windows is unable to connect to wireless network?
Your computer may be confused between 802.11b and 802.11g wireless connection or you may need to configure your home connection again to your secured router, your computer still may have that configuration loaded and don't realize it's home again.


Windows attempts to connect to wireless networks in the order in which they are listed in the Preferred Networks list on the Wireless Networks tab. You can change the order by moving a network name up or down in the list.





Try: Changing the order of your connection


To change the order of wireless networks in the Preferred Networks list





Open Network Connections.


Click the wireless network connection icon, and then, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.


Under Related Tasks on the left, click Change the order of preferred networks.


Click a wireless network, and then click either Move up or Move down.





Note:


To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.


The Preferred Networks list is only available if automatic wireless configuration is enabled.


A computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network cannot be moved above a standard wireless network (an access point, or infrastructure network) in the list.

myspaces.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive