Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How to get the best performace from a iMac G3?

About a year ago I remembered some of the old games from the macs in elementry school like oregon trail and I wanted to find them again, so I went on ebay and bought an iMac G3 333MHz with 32MB RAM and Mac OS 9 for $11. When I got it it had 288MB RAM and Mac OS X 10.3.9! I put a 40GB hard drive in to replace the 6GB and it runs really fast, but if I have run some programs like iPhoto and iMovie it gets very slow and also youtube will load a video but it cant keep up and it has like .5 FPS. Is there a way I can speed things up (espesially youtube) also if i run only iphoto and nothing else its fine. if I cant its fine cuse i decided to stop using PCs and completely switch to mac and will get a new one soon. thanks if you can help.
How to get the best performace from a iMac G3?
Your mistake is that you bought a G3 iMac.





See if the guy will refund it. Then you might as well get one of the new 2007 Intel iMacs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive