Friday, March 12, 2010

Helol i have several external HD two 500mg how do I shrink the Files??

They Are all movies in convertxdv converted filesand I don't really access them to often and I cant keep buying external HD's like crazy. So How do I make these files smaller so I can fit more on these drives?? Any help or names of software types would be really helpfull!!! Thank you!!! m Drew
Helol i have several external HD two 500mg how do I shrink the Files??
I use 7-zip ... http://www.7-zip.org ... best compression i've found but remember the movies are already compressed so you won't get a huge size difference.
Helol i have several external HD two 500mg how do I shrink the Files??
Get a trial version of WinRar and compress your files to an archive.





When compressing, you have various options, like whether you want to compress for best file size, or for best compression speed. If you're patient, the best thing to do is compress for best file size. It'll take longer, but use a lot less room when they're done.





Once compressed, double check your new archive to make sure everything was backed up successfully BEFORE you delete the originals to clear up space. Failing to do this might just come back to haunt you.





Oh, and like someone above me said, certain files (such as MPG movies and MP3 music) are already rather tightly compressed, so you might not be able to shrink them much further.





Here's a link to my favorite version of WinRar: http://www.rarlabs.com/rar/wrar38b1.exe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive