Friday, March 12, 2010

DVD drive shows up in BIOS but not system.?

I have the IDE chain w/ my hard drive (not sure if that's bad)


Bios shows Hard Drive as primary and DVD drive as slave.


But DVD doesn't show up anywhere in OS/Hardware/Disk MNGT.





I know the thing works, I just tried it again on another computer. It ejects and everything if I hit the button..





What would cause it to show up in bios and not in system?





In a pinch.. answer on here or I'm on AIM as PvtEyeLettuce
DVD drive shows up in BIOS but not system.?
I've seen some flakey behaviour over the years with IDE drives depending on the location in the chain and/or their master/slave/cable-select settings.





If you don't have anything on the second IDE chain, I'd move the DVD to that chain and set it to Master. If you need to leave it on the first IDE chain with the hard drive, I'd try setting it to cable-select instead of Slave.
DVD drive shows up in BIOS but not system.?
I would've asked you to look in disk management first but seems like you have done that already. You should be able to see it in the lower right pane if not in upper right but seems like this is not the case.





Do you see it in device manager? Does it have an exclamation mark along with it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive