Friday, March 12, 2010

Laptop won't read USB devices? Help, please!?

I have an MP3 player that connects via mini-USB. And while the mp3 charges without any problems, the computer doesn't recognize that new hardware is connected.





I thought it was just the MP3 that was having issues, but I just bought a GPS system tonight that is facing the same issues. I connect the GPS, the GPS charges, but nothing shows up on the computer.





Funny thing is, I don't have this problem with any flash drives. My USB flash memory reads just fine.





What can I do to fix this problem?
Laptop won't read USB devices? Help, please!?
make sure everything from hp it up to date get the hp update from the link below.


dose it show up on any of your friends computer or any other computer, try going to the makers site and see if they have some kind of drives for it
Laptop won't read USB devices? Help, please!?
Vistas a horrible thing, i have it :/ It doesn't like alot of things, haha.


But i have a few suggestions for you -


Did it come with an installation disk? As you'll need to install this first.


Try putting your mp3 player in a different USB slot. It sounds stupid, but trust me, it worked for my wireless internet, just changing slots even thought they were identical usb slots.


If none of these work try simply taking it out and putting it back in again. Could work!


Or try googling something about your mp3 player brand and vista, as people write review on these types of things - compatibility with vista etc.
Reply:Ensure that all your drivers have been installed properly.


Try other USB port, are you still having the same problem? It could be due to the power supply of the USB - not sufficient to power up your device.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive